Custom tiny homes
We specialize in designing and building custom tiny homes. If you have been dreaming, researching, sketching, and planning for a while and want to turn those dreams into a reality we can help you do that. We can give you a ballpark quote for free, but don't hold us to it! Full and detailed custom tiny house quotes take time and because of that we charge a flat non-refundable fee of $100 for a full custom quote. If you are ready to get started with the process shoot us an email with as much detailed description and as many pictures as possible (Pinterest boards help a lot). Specify whether you are just looking for a ballpark quote or a full and detailed quote. If you aren't looking for a highly customized tiny house, you can find our standard plans and finishes under the home options tab.
*Full quotes can take up to 3 weeks to return to you depending on the current work load of our quoting guru, but we try to be as quick as possible.
Our finished tiny homes can be built for anywhere between $25,000 - $90,000 or more. A few major factors that decide the majority of the costs include:
- Length of the trailer the tiny house will be built on (12' - 30'+)
- Quality of the materials used for interior/exterior siding
- Type and quantity of windows in the home
- Quality of appliances & fixtures
- How much custom work is done (ex: custom made cabinets & countertops, built-in shelving, custom stairs with built-ins, radiant heated flooring, multi-use custom made furniture, etc.)
- Type of systems you choose (propane, electric, solar, etc.)
To put it in perspective, a basic 12' tiny home built using simple materials would be closer to $25,000 and a 30' custom built home with high quality materials/appliances could cost closer to $70,000 - $90,000 or more (could be a lot more if you wanted a gold-plated bathtub, for instance). An average sized tiny house (8.5'x24') with midrange finishes will be $55k to $65k. All our builds are priced individually
High Quality Materials:
- Sawmill wood siding (western red cedar, cypress, pine)
- Cedar shakes
- Aluminum or wood clad windows and specialty windows
- Sawmill-cut, reclaimed, or ship lap
- Custom kitchen cabinets/closets/storage
- Custom chopping block, concrete, or stainless countertops
- Solid hardwood or cork flooring, reclaimed flooring, custom flooring
- High-end composting or incinerating toilet system
- Ductless mini-split heating and air system
- Wood stove or propane heater
- Stainless steel marine-grade propane appliances
- Solar panels & power storage
- Tankless hot water heater
- Grey water re-use system, rain catchment, or radiant heated floors
- Mini-clawfoot tub or custom shower
- Reclaimed or custom-fabricated accent materials
- LP Smartside or equivalent
- Plywood batten-board siding
- Standard vinyl windows
- Painted bead board or tongue and groove interior
- Stock wood-faced cabinets and storage
- Rustic wood-plank or stock butcher block countertops
- Laminate or engineered wood flooring
- Standard composting toilet
- Window/wall unit for heat and air
- Electric space heater for aux heat
- Standard electric appliances
- Standard wiring with R/V 30 amp or 50 amp hookup
- Small electric tanked hot water heater
- Standard Plumbing
- Fiberglass shower insert
- Stock accent materials
We can source any materials you want, this just helps give you an idea of certain things you may like to incorporate into your tiny home!
TINY HOUSE SHELLS
A big part of the tiny house movement is rooted in the Do-It-Yourself mindset, which we support wholeheartedly. We can finish a shell to any stage that you'd prefer, but here are some options to give you a starting point.
1. The Guru shell - This includes a fully dried in exterior (ZIP system, OSB sheathing, and metal roof) - minus the window and doors. Recommended for the most industrious DIYers amongst you.
2. The Pro Shell - Includes the above plus finished exterior with siding, windows, and doors. The inside is a blank canvas for you to complete. For those that feel confident tackling electrical, plumbing, and finishes on their own.
3. The Expert Shell - This option includes everything in the Pro Shell plus roughed in electrical wiring, plumbing, and closed-cell spray foam insulation. If you just want to finish your tiny home's interior this is the option for you.
4. The Enthusiast Shell - Includes everything in The Expert Shell as well as wall, ceiling, and floor finishes. The mostly finished shell would leave the cabinets, storage, fixtures, and finishing details to complete on your own. For the budding DIYer.
We price our shells on a case-by-case basis, so please feel free to contact us for an estimate for a shell.