Custom tiny homes
We specialize in designing and building custom tiny homes. If you have been dreaming, researching, sketching, and planning for a while and want to turn those dreams into a reality, we can help you do that. We can give you a ballpark quote for free, but don't hold us to it! Full and detailed custom tiny house quotes take time, and because of that we charge a flat non-refundable fee of $100 for a full custom quote. If you are ready to get started with the process click on the button and fill out our build form.
Full quotes can take up to 3 weeks to return to you depending on the current work load of our quoting guru, but we try to be as quick as possible. During this process, you fill out our custom quote checklist and sending any sketches and pictures you have over to us. This gets you an accurate number and official quote from us that you can use to get financing. The more details, sketches and pictures you send, the more accurate this initial full quote will be. We will usually call you at some point during or after the quote process to get to know you a little bit and talk over some of the details of your house.
After you receive the full initial quote, have a chance to look it over and decide you are ready to build with us, a 20% initial payment based on that full quote saves your spot in our build schedule. In the weeks before we actually get started on your house we will have a detailed design meeting (or two) by phone, video chat, or in person (depending on your location and preference) and go over every inch of your house with you to make sure we are on the same page about everything. If anything changes during these discussions we'll do a final quote adjustment and then I'll whip up a contract that will outline the build agreement between you and Wind River. At this point you'll want to start getting excited because we'll be ready to get going on your tiny house!
We typically book build spots 4-6 months in advance and a typical custom home takes 10-12 weeks from the time we start on your house.
If this interests you, contact us for more information.
Our finished tiny homes can be built for anywhere between $35,000 - $100,000 or more. A few major factors that decide the majority of the costs include:
- Length of the trailer the tiny house will be built on (12' - 30'+)
- Quality of the materials used for interior/exterior siding
- Type and quantity of windows in the home
- Quality of appliances & fixtures
- How much custom work is done (ex: custom made cabinets & countertops, built-in shelving, custom stairs with built-ins, radiant heated flooring, multi-use custom made furniture, etc.)
- Type of systems you choose (propane, electric, solar, etc.)
To put it in perspective, a basic 12' tiny home built using simple materials would be closer to $25,000 and a 30' custom built home with premium quality materials/appliances could cost closer to $80,000 - $100,000 or more (could be a lot more if you wanted a gold-plated bathtub, for instance). An average sized tiny house (8.5'x24') with standard quality finishes will be $55,000 to $70,000. All our custom builds are priced individually
We can source any materials you want, this just helps give you an idea of certain things you may like to incorporate into your tiny home!
Premium Quality Materials:
- Sawmill wood siding (western red cedar, cypress, pine)
- Cedar shakes
- Aluminum or wood clad windows and specialty windows
- Sawmill-cut, reclaimed, or ship lap
- Custom kitchen cabinets/closets/storage
- Custom chopping block, concrete, or stainless countertops
- Solid hardwood or cork flooring, reclaimed flooring, custom flooring
- High-end composting or incinerating toilet system
- Ductless mini-split heating and air system
- Wood stove or propane heater
- Stainless steel marine-grade propane appliances
- Solar panels & power storage
- Tankless hot water heater
- Grey water re-use system, rain catchment, or radiant heated floors
- Mini-clawfoot tub or custom shower
- Reclaimed or custom-fabricated accent materials
- LP Smartside or equivalent
- Plywood batten-board siding
- Standard vinyl windows
- Painted bead board or tongue and groove interior
- Stock wood-faced cabinets and storage
- Rustic wood-plank or stock butcher block countertops
- Laminate or engineered wood flooring
- Standard composting toilet
- Window/wall unit for heat and air
- Electric space heater for aux heat
- Standard electric appliances
- Standard wiring with R/V 30 amp or 50 amp hookup
- Small electric tanked hot water heater
- Standard Plumbing
- Fiberglass shower insert
- Stock accent materials