The Lupine is a legacy Wind River project from 2018 built on a 32’ Gooseneck trailer. This home is now situated on a 100+ acre property in Virginia near an old rock quarry that provides incredible mountaintop views. The exterior design is sleek and simple, with a single pitch roof and LP SmartSide lap siding painted Black Fox by Sherwin Williams. This tiny home has 2 entry doors—a regular single door on the low side of the roof pitch and sliding glass doors on the high side. The low side of the home with the no-light single door is plain. This was purposeful to make the entry into the Lupine more evocative.
When entering the home, you are immediately met with a wall full of windows overlooking a brow view of the mountains. The hardwood floor and ceiling are a dark, warm wood that contrast the soft white of the shiplap walls and flow seamlessly with the dark butcher block countertops, which continue over the edge of the peninsula in a “waterfall” to meet the floor. An accented pocket door to the bathroom adds a pop of color in a soft sky blue. The bathroom has a warm, spa feel with natural wood and deep charcoal tile. Over the hitch end, the bedroom fits a queen bed underneath a skylight for stargazing.
Here are some more features we loved from this home:
- Wall-mounted wood stove with built-in log storage in the living area
- 4′ Storage loft above bathroom
- White subway tile paired with dark grout adds contrasting texture to white shaker cabinets and stainless steel appliances
- Wooden structural beam between the kitchen and living area adds a touch of modern cabin and a perfect place for a light fixture over the peninsula
- 4-burner propane range
- Built-in storage in the bedroom stairs
- Built-in nightstands and bedside sconces
- Open storage shelving incorporated into bedroom wall partition
- Stained shiplap in the bathroom for a warm, natural feeling fit for the woodland setting
- Stone vessel sink in the bathroom
- Stainless rainfall shower head, Atlas Concorde “Forged Steel” shower tile, and black shower pan
- 60″ window in the shower for private land setup
- Custom copper outdoor hot/cold shower
We’d love for you to become the next member of our Wind River family. Check out our tiny home models and get in touch to learn more about our collaborative design process. You can see more of our Wind River builds by following the link below to our Portfolio.